Playing on the James

Feralcat
The James River Rundown an Epic day for Stellar! This weekend the James River Rundown featured 4 events, the staged 120, 50 and 25 mile races and a 5 mile fun paddle. 2 years ago Salli and I were the 1st to do the race in Epic V7s and this year the field was littered with them. My lack of training this year caused me only to race the 25 miler where I finally made friends with my Stellar SR (multi-sport layup), Salli paddled her S18S also in the MS lay-up and we both finished 1st for men’s and women’s and tied for 1st overall (wonder how that happens). Both boats performed great, slid over the rocks with no issues and held their lines. In my opinion the S18S is the best boat for these races, faster than the V7, better durability and equal in stability. Over the 25 mile course with low water and flow rate we cruised at a comfortable 7.2 and finished 26 miles (actual course distance) in 3 hrs and 28min.